About us and these terms
- Hi, welcome to Copydit, an online service for digital downloads. When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘Copydit’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the Copydit platform.
- When you create an Copydit account and accept these terms you become a member of our website. During your time with us you agree to follow the ground rules outlined in these terms so please read and understand them. If you don’t accept the terms then we’ll be sad, but you will need to leave because your presence on and use of the Copydit platform is conditional on your acceptance to be bound by these terms whether you become a member or not.
- The downloads on Copydit are owned by us.
Refunds and cancelations
Given the nature of digital content, we do not generally offer a refund or credit on a purchase unless we have made changes to these terms that materially affect you to your detriment or as required under Australian consumer law or other relevant consumer protection laws. If you would like to request a refund or credit you should email support.
We will assess refund or credit requests on their merits. There is generally no obligation to provide a refund or credit in situations like the following:
- you have changed your mind about your purchase;
- you purchased by mistake;
- you do not have sufficient expertise to use the Downloads made available;
- you ask for goodwill; or
- you can no longer access any of your desired Downloads because they have been removed from Copydit (we advise you to download Downloads as soon as you have access to them to avoid this situation).
If we decide to issue a refund or credit, this will generally be done using the same manner used to make the purchase. Any payment made to you will be made in the currency Copydit offered to you when you made a purchase (either Euros or US Dollars), under the rules of the payment method
Disputes lodged with payment agents: If, as a Member, you lodge a dispute with a payment agent, this will result in a freezing of your Copydit account until the dispute raised with the payment agent has been cancelled. This makes it very complex to resolve any related issues so we encourage you to contact us directly first to see if we can help resolve any concerns.
Effective date: April 11, 2019